From: "marvstod@rcn.com" <marvstod@rcn.com>
To:  teingmpl@codelco.cl,  discuss@linmodems.org
Subject: Re: US Robotics + SuSE 9.0
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:25:01 -0400

Ingeniero

Sadly the 3298 is on the hardware compatibilty list as a softmodem with
PCI Id    12b9:ooac
3com/US Robotics is not providing support under Linux for
winmodems/softmodems

Jacques,
   The scanSuSE that I copied to you has an internal listing of most/all
3com/US Robotics=2E Thus a word/number search (3298 in this case) sometime=
brings up decisive info=2E Probably I'll incorporate this detail into
scanModem this weekend=2E

MarvS