Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:25:08 +0100
To: discuss@linmodems.org
Subject: Re: Acer TM 200T + ltmodem = don't catch the line
From: fepede@iol.it (Federico Pedemonte)

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 08:00:04AM -0500, Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
> Federico
>
> There here is probably your situation:
> ---------------
> "Recent (1200 series) IBM Thinkpads contain an Agere (nee Lucent) soft
> modem which is not supported by this driver; it is apparently possible
> to indentify it by an "Intel" manufacturer ID in the output of the
>     lspci -vv command. "
> -------------

Hi Marvin,

altought i can't list my modem with lspci -vv i took a look at ibm site,
and i found out that ThinkPad 1200  use the same windoze modem driver of
my acer tm 200 t.

So, unluckyly for me, you were right : they have the same "modem".

Do you know  if there is any  hope for these devices to  be supported in
the  next future  ? Is  IBM,  Intel, or  someone else  working on  linux
drivers or at least there are  public documentation on how these devices
works ?

Thanks a lot for the useful (still sad) info !

Bye, Federico /* Juri */