Sender: marv
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 23:12:08 -0500
From: Marvin Stodolsky <stodolsk@rcn.com>
To: Eric Shattow <radoni@crosswinds.net>,
 	LinModems <discuss@linmodems.org>
Subject: Re: ltmodem: "freeing invalid resource"

Eric,

> more than once when i 'modprobe
> ltmodem' and it also requires isa-pnp.o loaded.  If i have no ISA-PnP
> devices, i would consider this considerable bloat, and a complication of the
> whole process of tracking down the source of my troubles.

though I don't understand why, ltmodem.o does have a isa-pnp dependency.

With respect to the devfs, there is a code:
" Russell Coker identified and implemented a fix for devfs under 2.4
kernels, changing the name to ttys/L0 if enabled and disabling the
callout device registration."
but its implementation may not be general enough. Perhaps avoid use of
devfs with ltmodem.o for while this is being clarified.

MarvS