Sender: chantal
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:46:06 +0100
From: Carsten Menke <bootsy52@gmx.net>
To: discuss@linmodems.org
Subject: Creatix HaM V.90 internal little Problem

Hi

I have also wrote to Dorian Araneda of Intel
he suggested me to post also this message to this forum, because
maybe here is somebody who has a quick answer for that.

I'm running Suse 7.0 on a Intel III 900Mhz with 128MB Ram. Now the
problem is, everytime when I logoff Gnome or I shutdown my computer
and then log in or reboot again, I got the error message in Kppp No
ppp Daemon installed nor in the kernel neither as a module. Then I
have to remove /dev/ham /dev/modem /dev/ttyS15 and re-create them.
After I've done this the modem dials in again and everything works
properly. Do you got any ideas how to avoid to do this after every
reboot/logoff?

The problem is not occuring when I disconnect via Kppp and reconnect
again.

Also Kppp is the only Dialer help application which works, wvdial
fails and also the Gnome dialer.

Thanks a lot

Regards Carsten