From: "JOHN MUELLER" <asjwm2@uaa.alaska.edu>
To: "Marcinowski" <Marcinowski@Prodigy.Net>
Cc: <discuss@linmodems.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:38:25 -0800
Subject: Re: Subject:  Removal of Linux Mandrake.......

Marcinowski !!!
This reply is a bit late, but it might be of some small service...
OK, as far as I know, what Linux does is overwrite the "master boot
record" on your hard drive.  So when you delete a Linux partition, it
deletes the operating system, but not the master boot record.  So what
you get is the Linux LILO page, like an intro, even though the rest of
the operating system has been deleted.  Use the non-published Microsoft
command,
"fdisk /mbr" to erase the master boot record.  I think that the next
step is to boot from the Win98 startup floppy, or you can re-install 98
from CD.
Either way, use that command to stop the system from booting Linux.
 Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   johnny