Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 18:38:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: "D. Hoyem" <youto_22554@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: ltmodem and Mandrake/Windows, try AT&F (FIXED)
To: Marvin Stodolsky <stodolsk@rcn.com>
Cc: discuss@linmodems.org

  Thanks for the response on this.  I tried to use the
minicom, but Mandrake does not come with it.  I then
looked at the files in /etc/ppp and read a lot of the
files there and there was no way that I could get this
Distro to see a chatscript.  It did say if I wanted to
do something special after shutting down the kppp to
make a script called ip-down.local which I did with
AT&F as the only thing in the line.
  I tried that and it did not work.
  I went back to the basic trouble shooting
technique's that I learned a long time ago.
Understand the problem, go to the area that you think
the problem is in, Look for the OBVIOUS, and then try
a fix the problem.  I forgot the OBVIOUS.  I had the
phone wire plugged into the Line jack instead of the
Phone jack.  As soon as I changed it to the Phone jack
it worked in both Linux and Windozz.
  Now the question I have is Linux will work in
either, but why not Windozzzz.  Really no big deal
just curious.
Don